Information regarding accomodative facilities at NID MP for PwD students
The Institute campus is barrier free and accessible for persons with disability
(PwD). Several ramps have been constructed at strategic points in the Institute
to enhance mobility.
- All the academic related buildings of the Institute have the facility of
ramp or lift for ease of movement such as academic block, auditorium,
resource center, IT lab, workshops etc.
- Lifts have been provided for all floors of Academic blocks and Hostel
- Wheelchair facility is available in every department/hostel/Medical
- During allotment of hostel facility, preference is given to the PwD’s
students. Such students shall be allotted rooms on the ground floor of
- Both the hostels are well connected through CC pathways for friendly
wheelchair movement and Library block will soon be connected to the
Academic Block & Admin Block.
- Medical clinic with well-equipped facilities and 24*7 duty
- The Institute has appointed a dedicated Wellness counselor on a visiting
basis for students who are sensitive to the needs of students with
disability and provides the required psychological support.
- Scholarships for PwD students are provided by the Central/State Govt.
through the National Scholarship Portal and respective state
Government Guidelines for PwD’s
||RPWD Act 2016
||Notification on Guidelines for Assessment of Various Specified Disabilities
||Guidelines for conducting written examination for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities
Some pictures of the infrastructure at the NID MP campus for PwD students